Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 months, four inches


         Natural hair has been a personal journey for me. From my twa to my coily napps, I have developed a love hate relationship with my hair. As it grows however, I find myself seeing my hair in a whole new light. It has been five months and It has grown 4 inches! On average, your hair grows about six and half inches in one year, but with right vitamins and the diet you can speed up your hair growth rate.  I compliment my rapid hair growth to my Nigerian gene and Biotin vitamin. Taking about 10,000 mcg of Biotin and other vitamins daily has done wonders for not only the hair, but also nails and skin. When it comes to direct hair care, I take it easy on my hair with products i apply to it. I mostly cowash my hair and shampoo with raw black soap. I rarely comb my hair and when I do, I only do it in the shower. I apply no heat on my hair, and I do a protein treatment religiously with high fat mayo and whole egg. I don't apply any growth agent on my hair as they are full of questionable ingredient. Its a lazy woman's approach to hair care!

          ALWAYS read labels before you buy! It does not matter what this or that does to someone else's hair, your hair is uniquely your own and you know best! With this in mind, there are universal things you should not apply to your hair. Items such as mineral oil, petroleum, and alcohol are big NO, NO! I personally prefer water  base products. A quick way to tell the majority content in a product is by looking at the first three ingredient, and if anyone of them Include water you are okay! If all that chemistry is a bit much, then stick to natural care. When I say natural, I mean Shea butter, coconut oil, black soap, lemon oil, peppermint oil etc etc. Hair loves moisture, so make it happy! Running water though your hair is the best and easiest way to style and care for your hair.  On that note, happy growing bibas.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...